[standards-jig] more thoughts on voip

Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Wed Feb 12 09:33:59 UTC 2003

Your slots idea is still part of the proxy mechanism so has no business
being in the VoIP protocol, neither does the bandwidth controls for the same
reason, also you dont seem to have any idea how the proxy service will work,
I suggest you read JEP-0065 which I think is the current favorite to become
the standard. Basically the proxy server in this case is just a
man-in-the-middle as you but it for two p2p clients, im not sure where you
got the idea about it being used to connect to the jabber server from (thats
is certainly not what its for).