[standards-jig] UPDATED: XHTML IM (JEP-0071)

Tom Waters waters at instapix.com
Wed Feb 19 18:53:55 UTC 2003

I've just finished implementing xhtml support in my client, and have a
couple of small comments.

1) in Windows Forms (C# .NET) there's no way to set the per character
background-color on the standard RichTextBox.  There is only a single
background color for the entire control.

2) Are you sure that you want to eliminate <b> and <i> in favor of
styled spans?  I realize they are redundant, but they sure are shorter!

v.s.

style="font-style:italic">bold italic</span></span><span
style="font-style:italic"> and plain italic</span>

plus, they aren't especially hard to implement.

Under the same reasoning, <h1><h2><h3> etc. could be simulated with
styles as well.

What is the position of this JEP regarding the style of the H headers?
E.g. what point sizes are they?