[Standards-JIG] SASL and JEP-0124

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.net
Sun Apr 11 11:07:56 UTC 2004

Hi!

I am trying to implement JEP-0124 and I am not sure about the following
things:

- STARTTLS is prohibited for http binding. Does this imply that it is
  also not allowed to negotiate a SASL security layer?
- When enforcing the maximum polling frequency, should only be the
  type='poll' requests counted or should I account the type='transmit'
  requests as well?
- Is a body element with type='transmit' required to have children? What
  is the difference in handling type='transmit' and type='poll'?
- If the connection manager keeps a connection open because no stanza
  from the server has yet arrived and the client wants to send the next
  message ... is the client waiting for the first connection being
  finished or does it start the next connection and the connection
  manager is suposed to close the preceding one?

Tot kijk
    Matthias