[Standards-JIG] stream feature for jabber:iq:auth?

Peter Millard me at pgmillard.com
Wed Feb 18 00:02:41 UTC 2004

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> I think a stream feature for jabber:iq:auth would be helpful as well. Do
> people think this is desirable? If so, I will update JEP-0078 and the
> stream features registry accordingly.

Yes, because implementations should at least be able to advertise that the
server supports old school auth. This may be the case if I connect with a client
which doesn't understand any of the SASL mechanisms provided by the server. (Eg,
the server only supports kerberos, but my client does not).  This allows us to
provide a better migration path IMO.

pgm.