[Standards-JIG] more on social networking

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Feb 18 18:33:36 UTC 2004

Now, this seems like a more natural social networking feature in Jabber
(scroll to the end of the story):

http://www.corante.com/getreal/archives/001959.html

This gamer-based IM client has a "friend of friends" group in the
roster. We'd have to work on the privacy aspects of something like that,
but it might be cool to share out (parts of) your roster to others.

Something to think about, anyway.

And we still need to work on "shared rosters" within organizations or
communities (join the company and everyone is in your roster; Bob in
marketing gets fired and he's gone from everyone's rosters; etc.). I say
that's a more important priority than the "find a friend" stuff for now.
:-)