[Standards-JIG] JEP-0045 (MUC) - IQ Stanza Semantics

Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Thu Feb 19 10:41:58 UTC 2004

> I don't say current MUC specification is not compliant with XMPP, but
> the presence usage is not quite consistent with typical XMPP usage of
> presence.

Actually no I dont think you are right, in normal presence when you send
unavailable to someone you dont immediately get an unavailable back from
them.

Also because MUC is using directed presence and not normal presence it is
operating exactly as it is supposed to, in directed presence when you
receive unavailable from someone that means they no longer want to be
notified of your presence AFAIK, which is why unavailables from the MUC room
will never be returned to you, this is how groupchat has always worked and
no one else has had any problem with it AFAIK.

Richard