[Standards-JIG] message events in MUC

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at bnet.pl
Thu Jul 1 07:31:06 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 02:58:11PM -0700, JD Conley wrote:
> I'm fine with verbiage like: "A client SHOULD NOT send JEP-0020 or
> JEP-0085 notifications and a service implementation MAY block these
> stanzas to conserve bandwidth."  I could see this as an option in the
> configuration form of a room.

I would rather like "A client MUST NOT send JEP-0020 or JEP-0085
notification unless the service announces support for that". Or even
better: that should be more generic, so any extension namespace in
groupchat is forbidden unles it is explicitly allowed. Disco request to
the room could be used to discover extensions allowed.

Greets,
	Jacek