[Standards-JIG] NEW: Message Archiving

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at bnet.pl
Wed Jun 9 08:36:30 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 09:46:51PM -0400, David Yitzchak Cohen wrote:
> Well, if you don't do the common practice of "latching onto" a resource
> after the initial message, you _can_ pull off the disappearing resource
> trick, rather than getting an error message back from the server when
> you try to continue a chat with a guy whom you see is clearly online.

Server must not return an error in such case, but route the message to
the active resource with the highest priority.

"Latching onto" a resource seems a good behaviour to me. If one starts
a new client for the same JID, without closing the already active one,
then it doesn't mean he want all conversations to be switched. But now
I see I could make this behaviour configurable in my client.

Greets,
	Jacek