[Standards-JIG] Media protocol LOI

Ulrich Staudinger us at die-horde.de
Wed Mar 10 12:23:49 UTC 2004

Basically it's an interesting idea to do XMPP in P2P. Contact Edrin, the
author of wxskabber and ask him about his XMPP Relay, maybe you can/want
to work together.

>> RTP protocol complexity handicaps upgrade of clients into RTP
>> reflectors/RTP mixers. However, in a media session we need to know of
>> and propagate media relay JIDs for conferencing anyway.

The key is, we need to propagate media relay JIDs, that way this P2P
thought could be pursued. But this related to the discussion about a
unified JUD.

My opinion is clear, first build a reliable media MUC/1-to-1 protocol
which works with centralized architecture and second, pursue other usage.