[Standards-JIG] Re: JEP-0071 XHTML-IM lack of scope

Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Thu Sep 2 14:21:33 UTC 2004

>> Personally I think we should stop arguing about the relative merits of
>> using <em/> and <strong/> as apposed to <span style="font-style:
>> bold"/>, Peter has been in discussions with people at the W3C who say
>> that our spec is fine as it is, who are we to argue with the W3C?. If
>> they are happy with it then whats the point in arguing about this?, this
>> all seems just a waste of time and bandwidth, cant we get back to the
>> real matters at hand.
>
> This part of the thread was on the request of the JEP author (psa). Even
> people from the W3C can make mistakes or read over something. For that
> matter, I think *they* would find this part of the thread more important
> than wether you can paste Internet Explorer HTML or not.
>
> The JEP recommends a bad practise, that touches important areas like
> accesability. If you find that a waste, I suggest you don't read this part
> of the thread.

Sure but as far as I can see not much seems to be being agreed upon really
and the same things seem to be being stated over and over which doesnt seem
very helpful to me, maybe it would be best to get the thoughts of those
people at the W3C as this particular discussion does not seem to really be
getting anywhere thus far.

Richard