[Standards-JIG] Re: "JEP-0033: Extended Stanza Addressing" and email (RFC822)

Nolan Eakins sneakin at semanticgap.com
Sat Sep 4 07:37:30 UTC 2004

Tijl Houtbeckers wrote:
> "7. Reply Handling
>
> When replying to a message stanza that contains an extended address, the
> following rules apply:
> If more than one replyto or replyroom address is specified (bad protocol),
> or if a noreply address is specified, a reply SHOULD NOT be generated.
> [...]"

I see no reason why the reply should be limited to a single JID. If you're
already using JEP-0033 it wouldn't be that much difficult to compose a
correctly addressed reply. Throw all of them into a "cc" or "to" field, and
send the message back through the JID contained in the message's from
attribute.

- Nolan

--
http://www.semanticgap.com/people/sneakin/