[Standards-JIG] Re: Standards-JIG Digest, Vol 8, Issue 9

James Bunton james at delx.cjb.net
Mon Sep 6 08:32:46 UTC 2004

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 03:00 am, standards-jig-request at jabber.org wrote:
> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 17:29:44 +0200
> From: Jacek Konieczny <jajcus at bnet.pl>
> Subject: Re: [Standards-JIG] Re: Proposal for a solution to transport
>         rosters
> To: Jabber protocol discussion list <standards-jig at jabber.org>
>
> On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 08:39:58PM +1000, James Bunton wrote:
> > The import tag is now namespaced
> > (http://jabber.org/protocol/roster-import).
>
> Did JSF authorized tou to use "http://jabber.org/" namespace?
> If not, then you should not use it for your protocol extensions!
> Such namespace would be good if the proposition became an official JEP.
>
> Greets,
>         Jacek

Good point. I added that at the suggestion of somebody on JDEV.
It seems that according http://www.jabber.org/registrar/ I must write a JEP to
request a namespace.

I'm planning on making an informational JEP, I should have time within the
next few weeks, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem that it's not listed
in the Jabber registrar yet.

---

James