[Standards-JIG] Re: Proposal for a solution to transport

Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Mon Sep 6 16:09:47 UTC 2004

>> It certainly could, using a simple ACL as outlined previously with the
>> server side mechanism could easily allow for arbitrary JID, you could
>> have various classes of ACL
>
> Please read:
> http://www.jabber.org/wiki/index.php/ServerSideDataStorage
>
> Don't invent an extension of XMPP to support ACLs. This is much (dull)
> work and won't give much functionality if not integrated with something
> "bigger" such as RDF support or something similar. ACLs alone probably
> just would end the same way as privacy lists (and obviously are quite
> related).

I never said what form this ACL would take did I??

I was just describing using the concept of ACL's to define who can do what
to the roster to negate the problems James and Matthias have pointed out
with just using a presence subscription for this, what form this ACL takes
is immaterial at this point, whether it be RDF or what can be for later, im
sure heated :), discussion.

Richard