[Standards-JIG] Still not sure ...

Justin Karneges justin-keyword-jabber.093179 at affinix.com
Thu Sep 9 08:39:36 UTC 2004

Yes, I believe this was intended to favor servers that don't actually decode
the text (read: jabberd), and so they can quickly determine if a JID is too
long.

Since I'm working with a unicode-aware XML parser, I must convert JIDs back
into UTF-8 in order to parse them for validity.  Incidentally, I also use
libidn for stringprep, and it wants input in UTF-8, so I have to do this
conversion anyway...

-Justin