[Standards-JIG] Re: JEP-0054 vcard email definition is inconsistent

trejkaz at xaoza.net trejkaz at xaoza.net
Thu Sep 16 06:30:43 UTC 2004

At Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 11:16:17AM +0200, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> Why limit ourself to FOAF. Use RDF and FOAF just as the vocabulary to
> describe persons. RDF can be used to describe anything. And there are
> a lot of vocabularies already defined.

I'm paranoid about implementing RDF in general.  Allowing so much flexibility
is good in theory, but think of the poor people who have to write GUIs to
display and edit this information, particularly when one fact could be written
a dozen different ways in full RDF.  They can't even agree on whether
rdf:about or rdf:resource is the proper attribute when listing information
about another resource. :-/

TX

--
             Email: Trejkaz Xaoza <trejkaz at xaoza.net>