[Standards-JIG] Re: Syntax for forwarding messages

Stephen Marquard scm at marquard.net
Mon Jan 3 06:17:32 UTC 2005

Remko Troncon wrote:
>>Funny you mention this, because i'm actually needing this for JEP-146.
>>I wrote something about that up a few months ago
>>	http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~remko/jabber/forwarding.txt
>

> The corresponding draft for this simple extension is here:
> 	http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~remko/jabber/forwarding.html

Perhaps it would be useful to have an indication at each hop of whether
the message was forwarded by the server or client.

I'm thinking specifically that servers should be able to use the <from/>
history to detect forwarding loops, and stop forwarding if the JID on
behalf of whom the server is forwarding the message already appears.

However, that would be inappropriate for user-forwarded messages.

Regards
Stephen