[Standards-JIG] JEP-0060 (pubsub) node configuration

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Mon Jan 3 19:32:35 UTC 2005

Hi,

I was looking at how to implement collection nodes in Idavoll, in combination
with how node configuration works according to JEP-0060. Some points stood
out for me, and it would be helpful if people could comment on this.

I would suspect that leaf nodes and collection nodes might have different
configuration options. It seems to me that there is no way to ask for the
default configuration of a certain type.

Also, if the root node has an NodeID that is empty, how can I configure this
node? It seems to conflict with requesting a default configuration form.

Another point that came to mind was that there might be configuration options
that would only make sense on node creation time, like the choice for having
a leaf or collection node. Could an implementation choose to send a different
config form after node creation?

--
Groetjes,

Ralphm