[Standards-JIG] JEP-0060 (pubsub) node configuration

Peter Millard pgmillard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 20:12:24 UTC 2005

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 20:32:35 +0100, Ralph Meijer <jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu> wrote:
> I would suspect that leaf nodes and collection nodes might have different
> configuration options. It seems to me that there is no way to ask for the
> default configuration of a certain type.

I'm not sure what you mean here.. could you clarify or re-word this?

> Also, if the root node has an NodeID that is empty, how can I configure this
> node? It seems to conflict with requesting a default configuration form.

I was under the assumption that the root node would have static
configuration, or be fixed based on the implementation and would never
be configured online (via protocol).

> Another point that came to mind was that there might be configuration options
> that would only make sense on node creation time, like the choice for having
> a leaf or collection node. Could an implementation choose to send a different
> config form after node creation?

I think most implementations will send different forms. After
creation, the config form may have some static fields like date/time
of creation, creator, etc.

pgm.