[Standards-JIG] Semantics of negative priority

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Thu Jan 13 08:15:25 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 09:36:18AM +0200, Stephen Marquard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (a) seems straightforward, but is my interpretation of (b) and (c)
> correct, i.e. a resource with negative priority is considered an
> "available" resource for presence purposes ?
>
> What are negative priorities typically used for ?

The only difference between a priority that is negative and one that is not
is that the negative one is not used in the selection process for messages
that are sent to the bare JID (without resource). All other functionality
remains the same, including sending to the full resource of the client
using negative priority (both <message/> and <iq/>).

--
Groetjes,

Ralphm