[Standards-JIG] Re: UPDATED: JEP-0081 (Jabber MIME Type)

Sebastiaan Deckers cbas at pandion.be
Tue Jan 18 18:32:24 UTC 2005

Well then what's the point of using XML at all?  Just make a file that
contains:
xmpp:stpeter at jabber.org?message&type=chat
But that would be the worst idea ever. ;-)

The MIME format is not just a replacement for crap browsers.
I'd much rather use the same idea as regular XMPP streams:
Specify some default features and their XML syntax, but let developers
extend the format with their own namespaces.
Interesting things will happen if the protocol can be extended in a
compatible way.

For example:
<jabber>
  <chat>stpeter at jabber.org</chat>
  <background xmlns="pandion:gui:chatwindow">fluffy clouds.jpeg</background>
  <themesong xmlns="pandion:gui:chatwindow">Ode To Joy.ogg</themesong>
</jabber>