[Standards-JIG] Re: Dead participants in MU-conf, JEP-0045

Rachel Blackman rcb at ceruleanstudios.com
Wed Jan 19 01:35:56 UTC 2005

>> If a bare jid tries to join a room with the same nick name they
>> already
>> have, the service should kick out the older occupant with a resource
>> conflict error and allow in the new one.
>
> What if I want to be in the same room with 2 different nicks? (and
> think not just people chatting, but m2m applications as well). I'd say
> what you suggest is implementation specific at most.

Then you're not a bare JID trying to join a room with the *SAME* nick
name they already have, as was the original proposal. ;)

If sparks at jabber.org attempts to join jdev with nick 'Sparks' and then
sparks at jabber.org attempts to join jdev with nick 'CeruleanSparks'
those are two different nicks and should be allowed.  If
sparks at jabber.org attempts to join jdev with nick 'Sparks' and then
later sparks at jabber.org attempts to join jdev /again/ with nick
'Sparks' then it should be treated like a resource conflict and the
older one should be booted off.

At least, I think that's what JD Conley was suggesting?

Trillian Messenger - http://www.trillian.cc/