[Standards-JIG] Re: discoing a bare JID

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Wed Jan 19 20:03:40 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 08:10:25PM +0200, Stephen Marquard wrote:
> Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> >What happens when I disco a bare JID (e.g., juliet at example.com)?
>
> >(2) If I am subscribed to your presence, in response to a disco#items
> >query I should receive a list of your available resources (actually,
> >only those with non-negative presence priority).
>
> Why only non-negative presence priority ? There was just a long thread
> about non-negative priorities. As far as I understand it, having a
> non-negative priority shouldn't affecting sending or receiving presence
> for that resource.

This is an interesting point. If an entity needs to be subscribed to one's
presence to get this information, and itself sent presence, it would already
have this information because of received presence stanzas, including the
resources with negative priorities. I think it doesn't really make sense to
leave those out in the disco#info query.

--
Groetjes,

Ralphm