[Standards-JIG] Question about data form responses.

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at bnet.pl
Thu Jan 20 08:44:50 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 01:41:23PM -0500, Etan Reisner wrote:
> dealing with the room configuration forms. I have the component only
> include configuration options that a user is able to change in the form
> when it is requested (I think this is the correct thing to do).

I think this is the assumption whis causes the problem.
IMHO you should sent a complete form with the fields that cannot be
changed filled-in with the preconfigured values. This way user and/or
his client will see what is the configuration. You could use list-single
field type with only one value in the list to force valid response
(which should be validated on server anyway). Then return error
whenevever the submited form contains disallowed changes.

Greets,
	Jacek