[Standards-JIG] Re: JEP 0060 (Pubsub) node meta-data

Stijn Van Rompaey stijnvr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 15:14:34 UTC 2005

> Well, no, if there are non-dynamic metadata fields, they will just be in
> the configuration form -- so that there will be only one x:data form in
> the <configure/> element, not two.
>
> /psa

mmmh,

It is still not clear to me, taking the JEP and the reaction here into
account, how an owner can set the meta-data (dynamic or non-dynamic)
of the node after he creates it. Is this also possible in the same xml
stanza in which he creates the node or should he do a 'get' request
first, after he created a (instant) node, to obtain a configuration
form (like the node_config) and then send a 'set' xml stanza to the
pubsub component, which will store the meta-data.
If someone could provide a clarifying example, it would help me a lot.