[Standards-JIG] JID Escaping (JEP-0106)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Mar 16 16:35:48 UTC 2005

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 11:10:01AM -0800, JD Conley wrote:
> I noticed the escaping JEP has been deferred.  How might we get the ball
> rolling again?  This is a really important JEP when doing system
> integration (especially email/LDAP), and I'm sure that's why Joe wrote
> it.

IIRC, we had some unresolved issues regarding the interaction of JID
escaping with entities like the MSN gateway. I'm going back through the
list archives now to refresh my memory. However, if we say (as JEP-0100
now does) that you should use jabber:iq:gateway in order to "normalize"
gateway JIDs, then that may remove the obstacles to using JID escaping
where it is needed (e.g., email/LDAP integration).

/psa