[Standards-JIG] JEP 60: Resource Based Subscription problem

Chris Mullins chris.mullins at coversant.net
Mon May 23 18:01:09 UTC 2005

PSA Wrote:
> The pubsub service pushes out a notification with a particular
> "to" address (the subscribed JID). Exactly which JID that
> finally gets delivered to is another issue. The pubsub service
> might push a notification to <stpeter at jabber.org> because that
> is the subscribed JID. But the notification will get delivered
> to whatever resource my XMPP server determines is most available

I though we just decided that wasn't a valid answer.

For the case "stpeter at jabber.org" this approach (mostly) it works fine.

For the case where the JID has a resource (stpeter at jabber.org/weather),
it fails - 'cause if the weather client is not online, you're going to
get the notification delivered to whatever client is logged on with a
positive presence priority.

--
Chris Mullins