[Standards-JIG] JEP 60: Requesting Items for a Node

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Tue May 31 11:30:20 UTC 2005

On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 03:00:22PM -0700, Chris Mullins wrote:
> One of the major issues I've been having as I've implemented pubsub has
> been building the compliance tests.
>
> With the high number of "May" and "Should", features there is no way I
> can build a compliance test that reports back "This implementation is
> 87.6% compliant. The following areas are out of compliance [...]"

This is because the specification caters to many different uses. Some
want a full-featured publish-subscribe service, some only require a bare
bones one. I think all optional stuff is discoverable (it should). I
believe you can test for all mandatory stuff and then for each
discoverable feature separately.

--
Groetjes,

ralphm