[Standards-JIG] What does 'Draft' status mean?

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Jan 11 21:50:47 UTC 2006

Hal Rottenberg wrote:
> If you want to get formal, I would suggest that Pubsub be moved from
> Draft backwards to Proposed.

Based on list consensus reached back in September, we have provisionally
added one attribute to the <create/> element and recommended that pubsub
services cache the last published item. I hardly think that merits
reverting the JEP back to Experimental or publishing a new experimental
JEP to supersede JEP-0060. The scope of proposed changes to JEP-0060 is,
I think, well within the scope of actual changes made to (say) JEP-0045
and JEP-0124 while they have been in Draft.

Instead of debating process, can we perhaps have a substantive
discussion of the proposed changes?

/psa