[Standards-JIG] Re: anonymous login

Vinod Panicker vinod.p at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 04:23:15 UTC 2006

On 1/25/06, Alexander Gnauck <gnauck at ag-software.de> wrote:
> Peter Saint-Andre schrieb:
>
> >> I found this helpful when implementing SASL ANONYMOUS -
> >> http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/xmppwg/2005-March/002280.html
> >
> > Yes, I can write up a short spec based on that email.
>
> yes i found that very helpful too.
> But all servers that i tested yet respond immediately with <success />
> I think we don't need the <challenge/> like described in this email.

IMO that is an inflexible approach.  The ANONYMOUS mechanism does
allow a client to specify a desired anonymous "username".  This is
captured when the client sends the response to the server's challenge.

You can try checking it out on geodesiconline.com (host -
xmpp.geodesiconline.com)

Do let me know if you come across any issues.

Regards,
Vinod.

<snip/>