[Standards-JIG] Re: JEP-0060: requesting all pending subscriptionrequests

Gaston Dombiak gaston at jivesoftware.com
Thu May 4 17:45:50 UTC 2006

Hey Peter,

I like simple things but in this case I prefer to leave the existing
functionality. The reason is that the existing functionality provides an
easy way for admins to spot nodes that have pending subscriptions. So lets
say that you are an admin of the pubsub service and you have 500 nodes. The
question would be: How do you know which nodes have pending subscriptions?
Iterating over the entire list of nodes would be too expensive.

Hmm, I just checked the JEP and it is returning all nodes "for which the
requesting entity has subscription approval privileges". IMHO, we can change
the specification to only return nodes "for which the requesting entity has
subscription approval privileges" and that have subscriptions pending to be
approved. By doing this the service will be offering an easy way to detect
nodes where admins need to work. :)

What do you think?

Regards,

  -- Gato