[Standards-JIG] Re: Re: JEP-0060: delete + retract?

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu May 4 19:38:51 UTC 2006

I think backwards compatibility and common sense would lead us to think
that notify='false' is the right default. The existing text says:

   If ... an implementation supports allowing subscribers to be
   notified of deleted items (and the node is configured for it),
   the service MUST use message notifications as shown below.

That makes it sounds as if notifications are currently optional, no?

Peter