[Standards-JIG] Phone service discovery

Jean-Louis Seguineau jean-louis.seguineau at laposte.net
Sun May 7 19:53:56 UTC 2006

Thanks, this is exactly the point; a user does not care how the call will be
handled. The user just need to know which JID is providing the voice
service. It does NOT matter if the service provides a gateway to SIP, PSTN,
Skype or whatever. It could even be a direct integration with a PBX.

>From a disco category/type standpoint a user only needs to know that a
particular service is a voice or video gateway.

Ulrich, Peter, what is the process to have new types added for disco? Do we
need to provide XML example to support the case as this will just be a case
of Jingle service discovery?

Jean-Louis