[Standards-JIG] Jabber external components: going out of style

Jean-Louis Seguineau jean-louis.seguineau at laposte.net
Thu May 18 07:52:15 UTC 2006

Well summarized Justin.

Having designed and built an entirely componentized server, I can vouch
there is nothing difficult in doing so. It is just, in my opinion, that most
people are more comfortable visualizing an XMPP server as 'monolithic'. It
may also be the simpler approach when experimenting with server code. The
good old 'distributed' or 'hub and spoke' models are two different view
points and dictate very different implementations... Each model serves
different needs, and people may happily live with either approach.

The discussion would be better left for another thread.

Jean-Louis