Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Thu May 18 15:06:48 UTC 2006

On Thu May 18 15:36:37 2006, Pedro Melo wrote:
> Maybe this is just me, but if you send your presence to a contact
> in  server X, aren't you already trusting server X not to forward
> your  information to anybody else?

Yes. But there's a distinct difference in level between trusting a
remote server not to redirect or copy the presence information, and
trusting a remote server to make the decision of who to send presence
information to. It's not the data moving that I care about, it's the
decision being moved.

Dave.
--
           You see things; and you say "Why?"