[Standards-JIG] Public Federated Jabber Network

Robert B Quattlebaum, Jr. darco at deepdarc.com
Thu May 18 18:13:47 UTC 2006

In a blog post I'll be making tomorrow, I'll be coining the phrase
"Public Federated Jabber Network", or PFJN, to refer to the network
of federated jabber servers on the internet. Currently, it seems that
people call it either "Jabber" or the "Jabber Network", but both of
these are misleading. It is my hope that this phrase catches on.

I chose this phrase because:
1) It is descriptive and accurate.
2) It follows the same feel of the "Public Switched Telephone
Network", or PSTN.

Any thoughts?

Robert Quattlebaum
Mobile: +1(650)223-4974