[Standards-JIG] XMPP trust diameter

Jean-Louis Seguineau jean-louis.seguineau at laposte.net
Wed May 24 16:31:16 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I have seen many times on the list that XMPP is providing a greater level of
trust than other communication protocol. XMPP certainly claim a stronger
authentication than many others by the support of SASL and/or TLS.

My question to the list is: how far can the trust established on a user home
server be extended outside this server. Or put another way, once I cross an
s2s link, what remains of my initial trust, and how does it decrease with
the number of linked crossed?

Comments appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jean-Louis