[Standards-JIG] JEP-0060 Publisher Model - node hirarchy permissions

Brian Raymond brian.raymond at je.jfcom.mil
Thu May 25 02:36:17 UTC 2006

On 5/24/06 12:30 PM, "bernhard" <bz at datenkueche.com> wrote:

Deleted..

> How can I move a subtree?
> I couldn't find a move node command
It should work in the same way you move any collection node. You make it a
child of another collection node by reconfiguring it.

> Collection nodes:
> How to assign/unassign an existing node/collection to a collection?
> Is it possible to assign foreign nodes (read only) to one of my collections?
The specification states a node MAY be a child of more then one one parent
so provided an implementation provides that capability it  you can write to
the configuration to associate it with yours you could do this. You do need
write access to modify the configuration so if you only have read only this
will not be allowed. Section 9.5 covers it.

- Brian