Joe Hildebrand hildjj at gmail.com
Thu May 25 04:36:03 UTC 2006

I assume the intent is for this to be widely implemented.
As such, you might want to take into consideration the architecture
of some of the existing XMPP servers, which have their S2S components
decoupled from the piece that does presence management.  The presence
management pieces don't tend to have visibility into the TCP-
connectedness of the S2S links.  In fact, you might have multiple,
parallel connections, through multiple different physical paths,
between two domains.

I also agree that disco is the way to find out support for this.

As well, what happens if a user changes a privacy rule in the middle
of a session?