[Standards-JIG] Re: CALL FOR FEEDBACK: JEP-0060

Bob Wyman bob at wyman.us
Wed May 31 05:42:25 UTC 2006

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> I think that Peter Millard intended JEP-0060 to be complete.
> All that I've tried to do is make the complete spec easier
> to understand and implement. So I guess I vote for complete.
	I would also "vote" for complete. I think we've got enough
experience with publish/subscribe systems to have a pretty good idea of what
needs to be defined and we've got enough variety and experience with
JEP-0060 implementations to know that there is a real need for just about
everything in the spec. Making it "simple" now is only going to make it hard
for folk to build what they need to build. If folk want "simple," that would
be best achieved by developing a simplified profile based on JEP-0060 rather
than crippling JEP-0060.

		bob wyman