[Standards-JIG] [Fwd: [Council] meeting notes, 2006-08-30]

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Mon Sep 4 17:51:06 UTC 2006

Le mercredi 30 août 2006 17:44, Peter Saint-Andre a écrit :
> 9. proto-JEP: File Transfer Preview
>
> Accept as a JEP? Council members didn't like the large in-band file
> transfer and thought there has to be a better way, but didn't come up
> with a solution. Declined to publish for now pending discussion of
> alternatives on the Standards-JIG list.

Sorry for my late reply.

The stanza size is not bigger than a vcard stanza.
I've prepared in the next version of the Jep the discovery required, so client
will not receive such stanza if they don't support the preview or don't want
to receive big stanza.

The aims of this protocol is to be a simple extention to the jep-0096

Btw, this is already implemented and works fine.

--
Olivier