[Standards-JIG] Communicating timezone information

Maciek Niedzielski machekku at uaznia.net
Sun Sep 10 00:37:39 UTC 2006

Maciek Niedzielski wrote:
> Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> I've thought about forcing iq:time to use the JEP-0082 format. What
>> would be the transition issues?
>
> It depends. If implementations parse this as ISO date-time, it would
> still work. But I guess that they may be many implementations that can
> understand only one format (the one from original JEP). Maybe it would
> be a good idea to ask people on jdev how would their implementations
> react to JEP-0082 format used in old JEPs.

And there are two possible fail cases:
a) not understanding the information at all (which is a "better bad end")
b) interpretting "1969-07-21T02:56:15Z" as year='1969', month='-0',
day='7-', etc.

--
Maciek                       A: It's against natural order of reading.
  xmpp:machekku at uaznia.net   Q: Why is that?