[Standards-JIG] Communicating timezone information

Maciek Niedzielski machekku at uaznia.net
Sun Sep 10 12:10:45 UTC 2006

Matthias Wimmer wrote:
> Hi Maciek!
>
> Maciek Niedzielski schrieb:
>>> I've thought about forcing iq:time to use the JEP-0082 format. What
>>> would be the transition issues?
>>
>> It depends. If implementations parse this as ISO date-time, it would
>> still work. But I guess that they may be many implementations that can
>> understand only one format (the one from original JEP). Maybe it would
>> be a good idea to ask people on jdev how would their implementations
>> react to JEP-0082 format used in old JEPs.
>
> 1. Is the format of this parsed at all anywhere? As the current format
> cannot be processed automatically very easily, I expect, that most of
> the time, it's just used by user agents displaying the string as is.

Compare this with JEP-0091 (Delayed Delivery), the format is defined in
the same way in both documents:
  The format SHOULD be "CCYYMMDDThh:mm:ss"

Timestamps are parsed, so I'd assume that iq-time (with the same format
definition) is parsed, too.

--
Maciek                       A: It's against natural order of reading.
  xmpp:machekku at uaznia.net   Q: Why is that?