[Standards-JIG] proto-JEP: User Gaming

Daniel Noll daniel at noll.id.au
Mon Sep 11 07:22:47 UTC 2006

>> Defining some sort of madlib for this might be best: "I'm currently in
>> (1)___________ using/playing (2)___________ with (3) ____________ out of
>> (4)____________ others on (5) ______________".
>>
>> 1: Level, file, region, etc. (noun/identifier)
>> 2: Application (proper noun)
>> 3: Number of active players/users (number)
>> 4: Maximum number of players (number > 3)
>> 5: The server (URI)
>
> That still seems too restrictive to me. A MMORPG has no 1, 3 or 4 of
> any importance, say.

Not true.  Ragnarok Online certainly has not only map names but
coordinates within the map, so that you can communicate your location to
the other players.  It also keeps statistics on the number of active
users.  The only thing it doesn't have is (4), or at least the maximum was
not publically known back when I was actively playing it. :-)

Daniel

 Jabber: daniel at noll.id.au
  Email: daniel at noll.id.au
    Web: http://noll.id.au/daniel/