[Standards-JIG] re-authentication

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Fri Sep 29 10:28:40 UTC 2006

Hi Michal!

Michal vorner Vaner schrieb:
> If on this ground, wouldn't SCTP fit better? It could be used in a way
> like TCP, we could have the stanza boundaries and more streams and
> multihoming (user with laptop capable of going around, changing his
> connection from ethernet to wifi and back like he wants). And besides,
> kernel takes care of that and should be capable of nicely balancing the
> streams.

I would not compare SCTP and BEEP. SCTP is a transport protocol (layer
4)while BEEP is a session protocol (layer 5).

You might say, that BEEP could use SCTP as its underlaying transport
protocol, but SCTP is no replacement for BEEP (and is even older than BEEP).

Tot kijk
    Matthias

BTW: XMPP over BEEP over TCP might much better pass firewalls, than
either XMPP over BEEP over SCTP, or XMPP over SCTP.

--
Matthias Wimmer      Fon +49-700 77 00 77 70
Züricher Str. 243    Fax +49-89 95 89 91 56