[Standards] Shared Whiteboard Editing

Jonathan Chayce Dickinson chayce.za at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 00:40:35 UTC 2007

Joonas Govenius wrote:
> On 8/28/07, Jonathan Chayce Dickinson <chayce.za at gmail.com> wrote:
>> *snip*
>
> This is essentially what Abicollab does
> (http://uwog.net/~uwog/abiword/abicollab.pdf). It also treats the
> document as one long string.

Yep, I read that and I saw it was dismissed earlier on in the thread.

> However, I think we can do better than that with XML documents.

Just Google XML Diff Algorithm and you will get a plethora of
interesting stuff. I will see if I can whip up something reliable, I
think this is one of those situations: develop then discuss. 3DM seems
like a solid XML Diff Algorithm: just need to deal with inner text using
something like my aforementioned method.

> Joonas

Regards,
  Jonathan Dickinson

--