[Standards] Unregistering in-band (XEP-0077)

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Wed Jan 31 10:23:55 UTC 2007

Hi Remko!

Remko Tronçon schrieb:
> Example 12 in Section 3.2 of XEP-0077 (In-band registration)
> illustrates that the server sends an <iq type='result'> response to an
> unregister request. I have tested unregistering against both Wildfire
> and Ejabberd, and both close the connection without sending a response
> to the iq. Should clients be prepared for such behavior? If so, there
> should probably be a note in the XEP.

I think clients should always be prepared for a drop of the connection,
as this might also happen just because of an unreliable network or
something like this.

But anyway it seems to be a (minor) bug in these two servers not sending
the iq result.

Matthias

--
Matthias Wimmer      Fon +49-700 77 00 77 70
Züricher Str. 243    Fax +49-89 95 89 91 56