Joe Hildebrand hildjj at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 14:03:56 UTC 2007

On Jul 2, 2007, at 4:49 PM, Mridul Muralidharan wrote:

> Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> Mridul Muralidharan wrote:
>>> Forgot to add, change name from ver & ext to verh and exth ?
>> Why?
>
> Conflict with existing clients - too many of them in the wild dont
> use these semantics.

Others have already responded to this, but just to reinforce, I *did*
talk about backward compatibility.  Existing clients would continue
to work just fine. New clients just have to be able to detect other
new clients, to know if they are supposed to be able to check the
hash.  Presumably, new clients could choose by policy to ignore un-
hashed caps from old clients.