Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Wed Jul 4 10:56:56 UTC 2007

Mridul wrote:
> So queries for both bare jid and ns#ver will be supported (and return
> the same value) ? And all clients using newer spec would use bare jid I
> suppose ? (so that we can deprecate ns#ver and remove this in the future)

Yes.

> But we do lose ability to enable/disable plugins without invalidating
> user's caps data... might be an acceptable tradeoff.

Yes, if 'ext' is obsoleted, the hash value in the caps element will
change whenever the supported features change (including when a plugin
is enabled disabled).

But as you say, the tradeoff (for simplicity) might be acceptable, since
the disadvantage (of more hash values) may be marginal.

- Ian