[Standards] XEP-0108: registry?

Daniel Noll daniel at noll.id.au
Thu Jul 5 01:03:31 UTC 2007

> Someone poked me about adding the following activity to XEP-0108:
>
> talking/on_video_phone
>
> Which seems reasonable and I'm happy to add it to the spec. But it
> strikes me that we might just want to have a registry for this kind of
> thing, eh? :)

A registry would be nice, but mind you, I still consider this particular
example to fall under on_the_phone.

Whether it's a mobile, a landline phone, a 3G video mobile, a VOIP client,
a VOIP hardphone, two tin cans and a piece of string or a future phone
which projects the other talker in a 3D hologram... doesn't really matter
to me.  They're all phones.

To me it feels like adding "playing_monopoly" despite already having
"gaming".

Daniel

 Jabber: daniel at noll.id.au
  Email: daniel at noll.id.au