[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Getting a User's Attention

Andreas Monitzer jig at monitzer.com
Fri Jul 6 16:11:10 UTC 2007

On Jul 06, 2007, at 17:55, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

>> Isn't not-authorized an iq result, and thus not applicable for a
>> message
>> stanza?
>
> If the message contains only the attention element (as it certainly
> should), then the recipient can simply ignore it. It's not
> necessary to
> return an error, IMHO.

On mixed messages, my implementation just ignores the attention part
and displays the body-part like any other message when this feature
is disabled. That's also how I specified it in the XEP.
Note that my example actually is a mixed message. Of course, that's
not necessary, and my implementation can't send such a stanza either
(it'd be complicated UI-wise to do that).

andy